Monday, July 26, 2010

So Many Books, So Little Time

I LOVE to read. My mother was an English teacher and always made sure we went to the library a couple of times a week. There is rarely a time when I don't have a book that I'm anxious to finish so I can get on to the next one. If I could, I would have all my walls lined with bookshelves instead of lining them up the open staircase in my home.

I decided to use LibraryThing. It was very easy to sign up and begin adding books. I can see, like Ravelry, how you could spend a lot of time combing through choices and reviews. I like the ability to check which books I have read and whether I would recommend one to someone else to read. My username is knotthere2000.

In an educational setting one could using this to post a bibliography for a project or to check books in a field that is of interest. The ability to discuss the books online would also be helpful in forming one's point of view.

The only drawback, from my perspective, is the 200 book limit unless you join the paid version. For small projects, this limit is adequate; for cataloging my personal library, it would not.

No comments:

Post a Comment