Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sing Like a Birdie

Today I posted my first Tweet and Retweeted several times. (Excuse me, I need a drink to help clear my throat after all that tweeting!). My twitter name is knotthere2000.

I am following NY Times books, Google Books, The Yarn Harlot and work_matters by Bob Sutton. I love to read and enjoy finding "good" books that others think are worthwhile. The Yarn Harlot is humorous and talks about fiber arts, particularly knitting. Bob Sutton is a professor at Stanford and always has insightful comments on the world of work.

I'm not sure that I would tweet much but I certainly will enjoy reading what others have to say. I can see the value in getting quick responses to questions one might have. I was very impressed, a number of years ago on Usenet, when I asked a question about WordPerfect and received an answer from Israel. I think its a great way to keep up with new innovations in my field and provide opportunities to learn about topics of which I might be unaware.

Without this assignment, I don't think I would have ventured into Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment