Monday, August 9, 2010

Google Reader

I have used Google Reader for almost a year. It is extremely useful to gather sites in one place rather than to add a folder to favorites or make a tag bundle with delicious. I keep track of a number of blogs from Google since tips and upcoming additions to the Education edition are something I need to know for my work. I also subscribed to the Gazetteonline since I only receive the hard copy of the paper on Saturdays and Sundays.

The only real problem I have encountered is signing up for too many feeds. I see something I like and it is so easy to subscribe. I have over 30 feeds and if I read them all each day, there would not be time for anything else. I need to learn to be judicious in what I select.

I find Google Reader, or any program which allows one to collect RSS feeds, to be most useful because one is more likely to keep up with the latest trends in one's field if the new information is easy to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment