Friday, August 20, 2010

Filtering with Toast

This application would be useful for me. Oftentimes I try to explain how to do something and it is not understood. Many people are visual learners and the ability to quickly make a short video for them would be helpful.

I chose to show how to create a filter in CoeMail since that is a question I was asked this week. The demonstration is available here

I see many advantages to using this program in the classroom. Students could be asked to demonstrate understanding of a topic by creating a short video. Instructors could create videos, or refer students to videos that have already been created, to reinforce what was taught in class. A student could watch the video as many times as needed in order to grasp a concept. This appears to be a very useful tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment